- researching and teaching discipline-specific concepts, structures and ideas of science communication
- content managemen at Medien-Doktor.de
- research and project management at Rhine Ruhr Center for Science Communication Research
Tobias Kreutzer has been a scientific assistant at the Chair of Science Journalism since October 2021. Since the beginning of 2022 he is also part of the interdisciplinary Rhine Ruhr Center for Science Communication Research, where he works as a project and research assistant.
Between 2018 and 2021 he has been working as a communications consultant for political, cultural and scientific topics.
During his studies of political science, journalism and cultural studies at TU Dortmund he analysed communication structures of right-wing actors in the German political system. In addition he worked for the German Press Agency (dpa) and other news media outlets in North Rhine-Westphalia on a regular basis.
- discipline-specific perspectives on science communication
- definition and measurement of quality in science journalism and science communication
- representation of the social sciences and the humanities in science journalism
- 2018 - 2021: communications consultant for political, cultural and scientific topics with neues handeln communications agency; strategic consulting, public relations, press and project management for public institutions, NGOs and foundations
- 2016 - 2018: master programme Political Science and Philosophy, TU Dortmund University
- 2012 - 2016: bachelor programme Applied Literary and Cultural Studies, Political Science, Journalism, TU Dortmund University
- editor and reporter with German Press Agency (dpa), Westdeutsche Zeitung and Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ)
- SECAT 2022 - Scientific Expertise, Communication and Trust (27. - 28. September 2022, Aarhus University, Dänemark): Presentation: The Devil in the Disciplines: Towards a Culture of Field-Specific Self-Reflection of Knowledge Production, Publication Systems and External Communication Processes
- PCST Webinar Series 2022 (14. September 2022, online): Webinar Speaker: Teaching as a means for integrating scicomm research and practice