- organising the Bachelor and Master programmes in Economic-policy journalism
- research with Dortmund Center for data-based Media Analysis (DoCMA)
E-Mail: send E-Mail
Tel.: +49 231 755 8245
Since December 2019, Nico Hornig has been working for the Chair of Economic Policy Journalism and the DoCMA Research Center. Previously, he studied the bachelor's program in Economic Journalism and worked as a trainee at WirtschaftsWoche Online.
His research focuses on the effects of media selection in content analysis and how communication science findings can be used for economics. Also, on the spread and debunking of fake news.
In addition to his work in research and teaching, Nico Hornig studied for a master's degree in economics and journalism and worked for Handelsblatt in Düsseldorf until October 2022.
- October 2017 till September 2022: working with German business daily “Handelsblatt”, especially economics & politics desk
- November 2019 till October 2022: student of the Master’s programme “Economics und Journalismus”, TU Dortmund University
- 2013 till November 2019: Bachelor’s degree “Wirtschaftspolitischer Journalismus”, TU Dortmund University
- October 2016 till September 2017: editorial traineeship at the online platform of German business weekly “WirtschaftsWoche”
Müller, H., & Hornig, N. (2020a). Expecting the Unexpected: A new Uncertainty Perception Indicator (UPI) – concept and first results. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-21089
Müller, H., & Hornig, N. (2020b). I heard the News today, oh Boy. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-21669
Müller, H., Hornig, N., & Rieger, J. (2021). “For the times they are a-changin’”. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-21878
Müller, H., Rieger, J., & Hornig, N. (2021a). Riders on the Storm. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-22177
Müller, H., Rieger, J., & Hornig, N. (2021b). “We’re rolling”. Our Uncertainty Perception Indicator (UPI) in Q4 2020: Introducing RollingLDA, a new Method for the Measurement of Evolving Economic Narratives. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-21974
Müller, H., Rieger, J., & Hornig, N. (2022). Vladimir vs. The Virus – a Tale of two Shocks. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-22780
Müller, H., Rieger, J., Schmidt, T., & Hornig, N. (2022). Pressure is high – and rising. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-22769
Müller, H., Schmidt, T., Rieger, J., Hufnagel, L. M., & Hornig, N. (2022). A German Inflation Narrative. DoCMA Working Papers. https://doi.org/10.17877/DE290R-22632